During these challenging times of #stayathome #restonsàlamaison and social distancing with COVID-19, our minds and spirits do not have to be confined and can still explore, escape and be especially very creative.
Here are a few ideas to explore French culture and Paris Museums but also world art, culture, and history through global virtual lenses. Below are some of our favorite virtual destinations featuring exhibits, tours, and expositions you can visit on a virtual field trip right now from your home!
- The Louvre Museum: https://www.louvre.fr/
- The Museum of Arts and Crafts: https://www.google.com/culturalinstitute/
- The Pompidou Center: https://www.centrepompidou.fr/
- The Museum of Fine Arts of Lyon: http://www.mba-lyon.fr/
- The Cave of Lascaux: http://archeologie.culture.fr/
- The Mont Saint-Michel: https://historyview.org/library/mont-saint-michel/
The Museum Computer Network (MCN) has a mission “To grow the digital capacity of museum professionals by connecting them to ideas, information, opportunities, proven practices, and each other.” Here’s an extensive list of virtual field trips you can take from home with an impressive list MCN has compiled free of charge: “The Ultimate Guide to Virtual Museum Resources, E-Learning, and Online Collections”
Now is also a good time to travel around the world with Google Tour.
More Free Virtual Visits:
- Atelier des Lumières
- Nymphéas de Monet at the Musée de l’Orangerie
- Maison de Monet at Giverny
- Château de Versailles
- Philharmonie de Paris –Music Survival Kit
- Free Video Concerts live.philharmoniedeparis.fr
- Museum Visit bit.ly/2QvpPcz
- Playlists play.soundsgood.co/channel/philha
And to take it a step further have you tried Virtual Reality? VR is a technology now available to consumers with a range of devices providing a 360-degree simulation experience using VR Headsets.
Enjoy your virtual travels, exploring, and learning and most of all stay safe!
© Copyright 2020 French A L.A Carte Blog
French Culture & Lifestyle in the USA